May 04, 2007

KEJ


Walking in my street some time ago, I got to talk with an artist painter, who lives and works just around the corner. I asked if I could visit his atelier / workshop and this afternoon I did. His artist name is KEJ.

We had a long and nice chat over a cup of coffee, talking about the area where we live, artists who have lived and worked here, artist life in general etc. Interesting.

I like (also) this type of painting. I went there just because I was curious. Actually I left with a painting.

You can visit his site under the following address: http://www.kej.fr.fm/

9 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Wonderful! I love these bright, bold colours.

krystyna said...

Hi Peter!
I'm glad you visited my humble place. Thanks!
And what a surprise! You live close to Polish school. I'm from Poland, but now I'm living in U.S, and please, be forgiveness, my English is still not good.
I visited KEJ'S site and I was upon a good impression.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Oh what a wonderful story! It must have been fun to talk to the painter.
I hope you'll get to show us a photo of the painting you bought, I'm curious of it. I'm off to visit his site. Have a great weekend.

Peter said...

Nathalie asked me to take a photo of the painting I bought - for a friendly price. Here it is. I have not yet decided where to put it, so it's standing on the floor. Also, exceptionally, the sun is not shining today, so I had to use a flash which somehow reflects. Anyhow...

Peter said...

My comments were supposed to be the text to a new message. I have not yet understood how to delete a comment...

lyliane six said...

Mets le tableau à la place de celui avec les fleurs peint par une suédoise et donne moi ce dernier, comme cela j'aurai le pendant, car je préfère nettement les fleurs.

Peter said...

Lyliane: Malheuresement la réponse est non. Deux raisons:
- Le tableau est trop grande et ne rentre pas à cette place.
- Je tiens à garder un tableau de la "suédoise" comme souvenir de mon grand-père, chez qui le tableau se trouvait au départ.

Zhang Chunhong said...

Comme tu tiens à garder le tableau suédois, je te propose de m'offrir ce que tu viens d'acheter! (Tu vas te dire: Oh là là, ces femmes!)

Peter said...

Zhang: Voir mon message sur le message dessus.